Users want to know how to connect BillQuick to their Gmail account via SMTP.
Most BQE software products (BillQuick 2015 and later) feature the option to email contacts directly from the program. Whether it is sending out invoices, publications or other correspondence, you can configure the SMTP settings in your program to enable this feature.
Follow these steps to connect the BillQuick email account to your Gmail account:
1. Log into your Gmail account.
2. Click Manage your Google Account.
3. In your account settings, turn off Less secure app access from the Security panel. This step is necessary, otherwise, Google blocks the email relay from BillQuick or BillQuick Online even if it is configured correctly.
Additionally, you can also set up two-step verification from the Security panel if you want to add an extra layer of security to the authentication process.
4. Return to BillQuick and go to File tab > Settings > User Preferences > Email Settings to configure your email settings (Settings menu > User Preferences for older versions).
5. Enter the required information on this screen:
6. Check the Use SMTP option.
7. For SMTP Server Information enter smtp.gmail.com and check the Use SSL option.
8. Enter your user information such as display name and login credentials.
9. For Other Settings, enter the following:
Delivery Method: Network
Directory Name: may be left blank
Port: 587 (ports 465 or 25 might also be valid, depending on the configuration)
Auth Type: Basic
10. Click Save. Then click Test Settings. If the connection is configured correctly, you will receive a successful test message.
If you are still having trouble with the test connection and getting the below error, then you will be required to change your Gmail password to a more stronger one (e.g., Bq3$upport321). You can do that by adding more numbers, symbols, uppercase or lowercase letters, etc.
Also, check more information on configuring Gmail SMTP here: https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en.