BillQuick Online Customers receive an automatic notification for free upgrade from one version to another. The prompt is displayed upon login for the Account Owner and Account Administrator.
Normally the automatic upgrade process can take a few minutes to an hour, depending upon the size of your company file. Prior to executing the automatic upgrade, we recommend you read the following best practices:
Tip: Schedule your upgrade at a time when no activity will take place on your local BillQuick data file and BillQuick Online. It is recommended to send email notification or memo to all your BillQuick local users and BillQuick Online users and let them know about the date and time when you plan to upgrade.
STEP 1: Local BillQuick Data File Conversion
1. Download and install the latest version of BillQuick on the system that has an older version of BillQuick installed.
2. When you start BillQuick for the first time, you will be asked, 'Would you like to upgrade your database?' Click “Yes” to convert your older BillQuick database to the new one.
3. After conversion is complete, please verify your data in the new version of BillQuick. You can open list screens and view data, latest time and expense entries, invoices and payments. You can run Aging report or Unbilled Time and Expense report to confirm that all data was converted successfully.
4. If you had BillQuick desktop on additional computers, please install the latest version of BillQuick on the remaining computers. When you start BillQuick for the first time, simply choose the option “Open an Existing Company File” and browse to the new data file.
5. You need to license and register BillQuick and should have received the keys via email. If you have not received the keys, please call you account rep at (310) 602-4020.
STEP 2: BillQuick Online Conversion
1. Log in to your BillQuick Online database by going to http://www.BillQuickOnline.com/defaulthost.aspx . If you have an Owner or Administrator account, you will be prompted with the automatic Upgrade notification.
2. Click on the “Proceed to Upgrade” button . Based on your data file size, it can take from few minutes up to an hour. Please keep your browser window open until the conversion process is complete.
3. After conversion is completed, please verify your data in BillQuick Online. You can open list screens and view data, latest time and expense entries, invoices and payments. You can run Aging report or Unbilled Time and Expense report to confirm that your data was converted successfully.
STEP 3: BillQuick Online Sync Tool
1. In order to sync data between your BillQuick desktop and BillQuick Online, you need to install the latest Sync Tool by downloading it from
2. Install and run the Sync Tool. Verify your sync settings are correct.
3. Add a few time entries in your Online database and sync the data to confirm it is working correctly.
In case of any questions or issues, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need our Consulting Services to handle this for you, please feel free to call us at 310-602-4020.