Please follow these steps to install BillQuick on workstations using Active Directory Services:
1. Download the latest BillQuick setup from our web site.
2. Choose a network server drive accessible by everyone. E.g., Y:\Drive as Network Drive or \\NetworkServer\Share\
3. If BillQuick setup file is in a zip format, please extract the files from it on to your machine.
4. Run the setup file from command line with "/A" switch: e.g., BillQuick20xxSetup.exe /A. Installation process will start and ask you to provide a network path location to copy the MSI setup files. Using /A switch will copy the installation files to the network folder.
5. Now the installer is in MSI format and can be pushed to workstations using a Windows Active Directory GPO (Group Policy Object). You may create a special Organizational Unit (OU) in Active Directory and include everyone who needs BillQuick.
6. Create a GPO in the domain to install from the administrative install point and set it to run at install time.
However, in a Windows Server 2012 Active Directory to Windows 7 Client GPO environment, users may get the following installation error:
MDAC 2.7 SP1 cannot be installed on this machine. MDAC 2.7 SP1 requires any one of the following configurations:
Microsoft 98 with the Y2K Update 2 and Internet Explorer 4.01 SP2 or later
Microsoft Windows Millennium
Microsoft NT 4 SP5 (or greater) and IE 4.01 SP2 or later
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows XP
Setup will exit now. Please restart the Setup after installing the necessary updates to this machine.\
It seems that the MSI does not recognize that Windows 7 already comes preinstalled with MDAC 2.7 SP1. The only fix is to run the MSI file in Windows Vista or Windows XP Compatibility Mode. Please check the following links on how to run the MSI file in stated Compatibility Modes:
Unraveling the Mysteries of MSI Compatibility Modes in Windows 7
Installing an MSI in Compatibility Mode (Orca Hack)
How to Change the Compatibility Setting of MSI Installer?