If a user modified the rates defined in the Service Fee Schedule and Employee screens, is there a way to apply these rates to the time entries previously recorded?
Rate changes are never retroactive by design. You must always change rates manually if a rate change needs to be applied to a previously made time entry.
- In Time Card (Sheet View), click inside the Hours cell of a time entry row. Look at the table towards the bottom left and you will see the Bill Rate and Cost rate associated with that time entry. Change them and then click on the next row to save changes.
- Select the time entries (one or more) and click on the Change button on the toolbar. Change Bill Rate to the new rate.
- You can also change the rates using QuickUpdate if you have BillQuick Pro or above.
- Select QuickUpdate from the Utilities menu.
- Apply the filters to select only the desired time entries.
- Click Rebuild to select the time entries according to the filters applied.
- Click View, if you wish to see the filtered entries.
- Check the option “Update using current Bill Rate” and/or “Update using current Cost Rate”.
- Click Update to start the update process. The progress bar at the bottom of the screen shows the progress. Once the process is over, it displays a message about the completion.
- You can click the View button again to see the updated rates.