BillQuick user has a fixed fee project phase that is billed to the client on a % Complete basis. On top of this, there may be extra hourly work that needs to be billed. How to charge extra hours on a fixed fee phase?
There are two methods to handle this scenario:
Method 1 - Use the ‘Xtra’ flag in Sheet View to identify the extra work.
1. In BillQuick > Sheet View, record time against the fixed fee phase as usual.
2. Mark the time entry as extra using the ‘Xtra’ flag at the bottom of the screen.
3. Select this phase in Billing Review.
4. Use the field chooser to show the % Complete column in the grid. Enter the % Complete value for this phase.
The Net Bill is calculated based on the % Complete value of the contract amount (say $5000 as 50% of the contract fee of $10,000) plus the extra hours worked (say 8 hours as marked in Sheet View).
Method 2 – Add a new phase called Extra Hourly Work and run a joint invoice.
1. Add a new phase to your project called ‘Extra Hourly Work’. Make sure the Contract Type is Hourly.
2. Record time against this phase in any time entry screen as usual.
3. In Billing Review, select your project to view its billing records.
4. For the fixed fee phase, enter the % Complete value. For the Extra Work phase, keep it blank as you are running it based on hours worked.
5. Mark the joint invoice column ‘J’ with 1 for both phases (you may need to show this column using the field chooser).
6. Check the Bill box for each to generate an invoice.