You can use the Credit Memo feature in BillQuick in the following way:
1. Open the Credit Memo screen from the Billing menu, Receive Payments.
2. Select a Client and Project from the dropdown lists. The relevant invoices will be displayed in the grid.
3. Enter the Amount you want to credit.
4. Next, enter a Memo, Reference and Description for the credit memo.
5. You can either Auto Apply or manually apply the credit amount to the desired invoice.
6. Click Save. You will be prompted to print the credit memo; click Yes.
The credit memo will display in the preview window. Additional credits can be recorded against the invoice, if necessary. The credit note also appears in the Project-History screen.