User has more than one company that needs to have Web Suite 20xx up and running but only has one server. User is hosting a website for other companies and needs to add more than one instance of Web Suite 20xx to the same server. How can this be achieved?
Follow these step-by-step instructions on how to run two separate Web Suite sites (connected to separate BillQuick data files) on the same web server.
- Install Web Suite 20xx as per the installation instructions.
- Copy the default installation files and folders in the folder named Web Suite 20xx (Typically the installation folder is located under C:\Program Files\BillQuick Web Suite\) to a new folder for instance C:\Program Files\BillQuick Web Suite\My Company.
- Assign Full sharing permissions to this folder.
- Next create a new virtual folder in IIS named “MyCompany” (you can use your own company name here) on your web server under the default web site.
- You will be asked to specify the directory you are trying to publish. Click the browse button next to local path and select C:\Program Files\BillQuick Web Suite\My Company.
- Right-click your new virtual folder “MyCompany” and go to the Documents tab. Select enable default document and remove all the documents currently there. You can then add Default.aspx. Click Apply and then exit.
- Run the Web Suite 20xx Admin Options (link is provided on the Web Suite login page), point to your first company's BillQuick data file. Go through the steps and on step 5 verify the location of your default web folder (C:\Program Files\BillQuick Web Suite\Web Suite 20xx).
- In Web Suite Admin Options, now point to your second company's BillQuick data file. Go through the steps and on step 5 change the location of your default web folder to (C:\Program Files\BillQuick Web Suite\My Company) and click Update.
- To start using BillQuick Web Suite (first instance), open Internet Explorer and type the address of your web site as http://www.mydomain.com/WS20xx/default.aspx , where “mydomain.com” will be replaced by your web site domain name.
- To start using BillQuick Web Suite (second instance), open Internet Explorer and type the address of your web site as http://www.mydomain.com/MyCompany/default.aspx, where “mydomain.com” will be replaced by your web site domain name.
Note: When update patches are released for Web Suite and you are having multiple instances, the patch setup will only update the default instance. The other instances need to be updated manually by copying the files on the default instance and overwriting them to other instances.