You can import contacts from Microsoft Outlook into ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice 2010 and 2011. (We can also provide this service to you, if desired.)
STEP 1: The first step is to export your contacts from MS Outlook to a text file.
1. In MS Outlook, go to the File menu > Open > Import.
2. In the 'Import and Export Wizard', select 'Export to a file' and then click Next.
3. Choose the Comma Separated Values (Windows) option and click Next.
4. You must select the folder to export (Contacts) and then click Next.
5. Browse to a file location and enter an export file name. Click Next.
6. Click Finish.
STEP 2: The second step is to open the export file and paste the data to the conversion spreadsheet.
1. Open the AO_OutlookContactImport spreadsheet in Excel. Note that there are two tabs in it - Outlook and AO.
2. Now open the exported contacts file. Select the rows, including the header, you want to import and click Copy.
3. Select the Outlook tab on the AO_OutlookContactImport spreadsheet. Select the first row and click Paste.
4. Next, move to the AO tab. Select the Developer menu>Macros.
5. Choose CleanData and click Run. This will clean out all the zeroes.
6. Click the corner cell to select the whole sheet and click Ctrl+C to copy that data to the clipboard.
7. Click File menu>New to create a new workbook.
8. Now paste the copied data into this new workbook. Save it in the CSV format.
STEP 3: The third step is to import the contacts data into ArchiOffice.
1. Go to Preferences > Import > Templates.
2. Choose Type as Companies/Contacts.
3. Click on the + icon to enter a new Title and Description for this import template.
4. Click the import icon. Your Outlook contacts will fill the ArchiOffice database.