You can track expenses in ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice in the following way:
1. Go to Projects > Details > Phases.
2. Add a phase (say Site Commission) and then sub-phases (say Fuel, Entertainment, Hotel, etc.).
3. Make sure Active box is checked for each sub-phase.
4. Move to the Job Codes tab and create a new job code, i.e., Basic Travel Costs.
5. Keep the Service Type as Basic and make sure Active box is checked.
6. Back on the Phases tab, associate the job codes to each sub phase.
1. Go to Billing > Budgets screen.
2. Set the Fees for each sub-phase.
Note: The sub-phases are added up and the sum total displayed against the parent phase, i.e., $1000 against Site Commission. The total of all the phases is displayed at the bottom of the grid.
1. Go to Time/Expense > Expenses tab.
2. Record expenses for Fuel, Hotel and Entertainment. Mark them as Non-Reimbursable by using the appropriate checkbox.
3. Go to Projects>Billing>Summary. Under the Budget section, you can see the budget set earlier. Under the Actuals section, you can see the actual expenses (non-reimbursable) recorded against the project.
1. Go to Reports > Projects > Budget vs Actual (or Project Slip, Billing Summary, etc.).
2. Click Search to set the criteria for the search. Select the Project Name and/or other criteria.
3. Click Search and then Run Report (detail mode). Note the detailed breakdown provided, especially the budgeted and used amounts.