You can choose to manually configure settings in the Internet Information Services (IIS) for ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice.
Note: If you are using IIS 6.0 or lower, use Virtual Directory instead of Application.
If you prefer ArchiOffice to be under a new Web Site or to change the configuration, follow the instructions below:
1. Go to Start-Control Panel-System and Security-Administrative Tools-Internet Information Services.
2. On the left panel, select Application Pools. You can also create a new Application Pool.
3. On the right panel, right-click on the Application Pool (e.g., AO20xxAppPool ) and select Basic Settings.
4. By default, the Name of the application pool is AO20xxAppPool but you can change it. Make sure the .NET Framework Version selected is v4.0.30319 and Managed Pipeline Mode is Classic.
5. Click OK and exit.
6. Now right-click on AO20xxAppPool again and select Advanced Settings.
7. Under General, make sure Enable 32-Bit Applications is set to True and under Process Model, Identity is set to NetworkService. Click OK and exit.
8. Under Sites, right-click on your Default Web Site (or your preferred web site) and select Add Application.
9. In the Add Application dialog, enter ArchiOffice20xx (or any other name) as an alias for the application.
10. Check the Application Pool (e.g., AO20xxAppPool) to make sure it is the one you want. To select a different pool, click Select and choose the right one.
11. Next, enter the Physical Path or browse to navigate to the folder containing the ArchiOffice public web site files. Typically, public component files are in the C:\Program files\BQE Software\ArchiOffice 20xx\public folder. Click OK.
12. Right-click on ArchiOffice20xx and select Add Application.
13. Enter Admin as an alias for the application.
14. Enter the Physical Path or browse to navigate to the folder containing the ArchiOffice admin web site files. Typically, admin component files are in the C:\Program files\BQE Software\ArchiOffice 20xx\admin folder. Click OK.
15. Now select ArchiOffice20xx application on the left panel. On the right panel under IIS, open or double-click Authentication.
16. Make sure Anonymous Authentication is enabled here while the other options are disabled.
17. Similarly, select ArchiOffice20xx, Admin application on the left panel. On the right panel under IIS, open or double-click Authentication.
18. Make sure Windows Authentication is enabled here while the other options are disabled. This is done so that only authorized users with login credentials access the Admin portal.
You have successfully configured the IIS!