User gets a message on opening Web Suite:
Application is unable to validate your subscription. Application will attempt the validation for a few more days. Subscription validation is required to use this product.
The Web Suite application might be installed on a system where the anti-virus or other security software is blocking the application from license validation check at the folder or file level.
To fix this issue:
- Please make sure your system is connected to the Internet.
- To rule-out the possibility of your security or anti-virus software blocking the validation process, please consult your IT Support to ensure that access is allowed to TCP port 80 and the following URLs:
- To add URLs to the trusted sites in Internet Explorer, click Tools > Internet Options > Security. In the 'Select a zone to view or change security settings' box, click Trusted Sites, and then add the below listed sites.
As in case of Sophos anti-virus software, you have to apply a folder exclusion at the installation folder level (i.e., C:\Program Files (x86)\WebSuite 20xx). This exclusion includes all the subfolders under the said main folder.
Note: For more, check out Sophos Antivirus: How to Exclude items from scanning.
Additionally, you can try out the below steps to fix this issue:
Check your firewall or IDS/IPS software and see that it is configured to allow traffic out for the below IP addresses and URLs:
- Sometimes DNS is cached locally on the server, so you might have to restart the IIS server.
- Flush your DNS Cache. The first step to flushing your DNS is to open your Windows Command prompt as an Administrator and type ipconfig/flushdns.
- You should receive a success message as a confirmation when the cache is cleared.