Please follow these steps to set up shared folders for log files, attachments, reports, invoices, etc. in BillQuick:
Step 1: Turn on folder sharing on your computer.
1. Open Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center and then click 'Change advanced sharing settings' on the left.
2. Click All Networks to expand your current network profile.
3. Under 'Public folder sharing', select the 'Turn on sharing...' option so that anyone with network access can read and write files in the Public folders.
4. Click 'Save changes'. If you're prompted, enter the administrator password or provide confirmation.
5. Next, create a shared BillQuick folder on your system with the following sub-folders:
6. Right-click this folder and choose to share it with specific people.
7. On the File Sharing screen, add a user from the drop-down list, say Everyone, and click Add.
8. Make sure the folder has Read/Write permissions and then click Share. The selected folder is successfully shared on the computer.
9. Now copy the desired folders, say Reports and Invoices, from the BillQuick installation folder to the newly created shared folder.
Note: When you install a new version of the software, make sure to copy the latest templates to their respective folders.
Step 2: Specify folder location in BillQuick.
1. Copy the location or path of your shared folders.
2. In BillQuick > Global Settings > Folders tab, paste the respective network path for the desired folders.
3. Save the settings.