Users want the final charges for an outside consultant to reflect the actual cost plus markup on ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice invoices.
Create two separate expenses, one for the consultant and the other for the markup. Please follow these steps:
1. Go to Time/Expense > Detail and click the Expense radio button.
2. From the Expense Type drop-down menu, select Consultant.
3. Be sure the Apply Markup check box is clear.
4. In the Detail view, Total field, enter the exact amount (for example, $1,500.00).
5. In the Description field, enter a description.
Note: You might first want to create an expense type called Markup in Preferences > Billing. From here, you can clear the Markup check box to ensure that the Apply Markup (in expense record) check box is clear by default. This will help save you one step.
1. Go to Time/Expense > Detail.
2. In the Detail view, select Markup from the Expense Type drop-down menu. If the markup allowed is 10%, then the value would be $150.
3. Add a description indicating to the client that this is the markup allowed for a consultant expense.
4. Be sure the “Apply Markup” checkbox is clear.
This will create two separate line items in the Expense section of the invoice, one for the value of the consultant ($1,500.00) and the other for the markup ($150.00).