User wants to move ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice 20xx from one server to another server.Please follow these steps in order to migrate:
1. Install Internet Information Service (IIS) on the new server, if you haven't done it already.
2. After IIS has been installed, launch the IIS manager to configure it. Check for these recommended settings:
- Extend default idle-timeout settings
- Set the .NET Globalization to English-United States (en-us), regardless of your location.
- Set Application Pool recycling to occur outside of business hours.
3. Download the ArchiOffice installer from our Support website and install it on the new server as an Administrator.
4. If you don't have a version of SQL Server installed, download its free (Express) version from the Microsoft website. The ArchiOffice Enterprise edition can also work with other editions of SQL Server.
Note: Make sure to select the 'WT' (With Tools) option, say SQLEXPRWT_x64_ENU.exe.5. Enable document management on the new server by copying the project documents, legacy invoices and custom invoice/report templates from the old server. The new default location is:
- Project documents folders: C:\ArchiOfficeData (or EngineerOfficeData)
- Legacy invoices: C:\ArchiOfficeData\Invoices
- Custom invoice/report templates: C:\Program Files(x86)\BQE Software\ArchiOffice 20xx\Report Center\Reports\Custom
6. Next, back up your existing ArchiOffice database using SQL Server Management Studio.
7. Finally, either attach or restore the backup copy of your ArchiOffice database (.BAK file) to the new location.
When you launch ArchiOffice on the new server for the first time, you are prompted to connect to this database.