To import the invoices into BillQuick, you first need to create a file from where BillQuick can import the invoice data.
1. Create an Excel spreadsheet with the following headings:
- Invoice No.
- Invoice Date
- Total Amount
- Service Amount
- Main Service Tax (VAT/GST)
- Expense Amount
- Main Expense Tax (VAT/GST)
- Project ID
- Ref Number (Message on Invoice)
2. Populate this spreadsheet with the invoice data.
3. Save it as a .csv file.
4. In BillQuick, go to the Utilities menu > Import/Export > Import tab.
5. Click Browse and select the .csv file created earlier.
6. Click Read and set the BillQuick Import Table to ’TransactionTable’.
7. Now assign each column from the import file (right panel) to the corresponding fields in BillQuick (left panel). This is done to match the two fields. Example:
InvNum = 0
Invoice Date = 1
TransactionBillAmt = 2
You can sort the fields by name to make it easier to find the correct field.
8. Set ‘TransactionJointInv’= Value and enter value = 0 (false). Set ‘TransactionManInv’= Value and enter value = -1 (true).
9. Once complete, click the Import button. Go to Invoice Review to check the invoices that have been imported.
10. You can save this import layout for future use by simply clicking Save and giving it a file name.
11. If you want to use the import file layout at a later date, click Load and then browse for that file.