BillQuick 2012 introduced the Collection Center in its Enterprise edition.
The Collection Center helps keep track of the outstanding invoices and debts. You can focus on those that seem to be getting closer to becoming bad debts using the available statistics. This feature is designed specifically to optimize collection efforts and maintain past collection history, allowing you to attach time-stamped notes to each invoice; display the payment history and other metrics such as the average number of days it takes a client to pay; add and view journal notes related to collections; attach files to invoices and much more. Next time you contact a client, your previous collection notes are automatically displayed for reference.
1. Open the Collection Center from the Billing menu.
2. Filter the information by Client, Project, Period, Invoice Status, etc.
3. Click on an invoice row to see key metrics in the bottom right corner relating to it.
Using these statistics, you can see the client payment patterns and make decisions accordingly. In this example, the client took 163 days to pay the invoice. You can see at a glance where the bottleneck is regarding your cash flow. On the Payment History grid, you can see any payments made for that invoice.
4. Add journal notes, if required, by clicking the + icon.
5. Click Preview on the main button panel to see a report displaying collection details for the selected invoice.
6. Click Payment on the button panel to record a payment directly from this screen.
7. Enter the payment details as you normally would and save the data.
8. When you have finished, click Save and then Close to exit.