The Employee Classification feature can be used in conjunction with a fee schedule to create a custom set of rates depending on the employee’s job title or classification in the company.
In this example, employee AM has two titles:
- Junior Architect, which is his default title. His default Bill Rate is $80/hour as defined on the Employee-Rate tab.
- Junior Consultant, separate rate defined in the Service Fee Schedule (SFS).
To create an SFS:
1. Click View menu> Service Fee Schedule.
2. Create a new schedule wherein employee ‘AM’ does consulting work at a bill rate of $100 instead of the default $80.
3. You can define the individual activities or use activity groups for this.
Now assign this SFS to the project. This is done from the Project-Detail tab.
Next, in the Sheet View, enter time for the employee AM.
BillQuick looks at the SFS first to get the rates, depending upon an employee-activity match found there (AM-ALL). In case of similar matches, it looks at the Priority and pulls that rate.
6. It also brings the appropriate Classification from the SFS (Jr. Consultant). However, you can change it here, if desired.
Note: If this column isn’t present, you may need to show it using the Field Chooser.
If there was no SFS assigned to the project, BillQuick would get the rates and classification from the Employee screen instead ($80/hour and Jr. Architect).