For a successful installation of Web Suite application on Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit, there are some IIS and Security settings that need to be specified.
After installing Web Suite, the following settings need to be specified on the server:
Part I: Configure IIS
1. Open the IIS Manager. Type Inetmgr in the Run prompt and press Enter. Expand the Default Website; you will see WS20xx.
2. Remove the Additional directories. Under that you will see another WS20xx with directories under that. We will remove that nested WS20xx directory and its subdirectories.
3. Recreate the Admin directory. Right-click on WS20xx and select Add Application. Enter the Alias as “Admin”. Physical Path is C:\Program Files(x86)\BillQuick Web Suite\Web Suite 20xx\admin.
4. Create a new Application Pool. Right-click on Application Pools and select Add Application Poo. Name it as BQE (for example). Change the Managed Pipeline Mode to Classic. Highlight the new app pool and click on Advanced Settings on the right side. Set Enable 32-bit applications to True.
5. Assign WS20xx and Admin to the new app pool. Do that by highlighting each one and clicking on Advanced Settings on the right. Change the app pool to BQE (or whatever you named it) for both directories.
6. Set security on the Admin folder. Highlight Admin and click on the Authentication option on the right panel. All should be disabled except Windows Authentication.
a. Anonymous Authentication = Disabledb. ASP.Net impersonation = Disabledc. Basic Authentication = Disabledd. Forms Authentication = Disablede. Windows Authentication = Enabled
7. Set security on the WS20xx folder. Highlight WS20xx and click on the Authentication option on the right panel. Check for these settings:
a. Anonymous Authentication = Enabledb. ASP.Net impersonation = Disabledc. Basic Authentication = Disabledd. Forms Authentication = Disablede. Windows Authentication = Enabled
8. Verify the Default Document. Select WS20xx. On the right side, click on Default Document. It should be “default.aspx”. Next, select Admin. On the right side, click on Default Document. It should be “frmStartupOptions.aspx”.
Part II: Set Security
1. Go to Start, Computer, Local Disk (C:). Browse to Program Files (x86)\BillQuick Web Suite\Web Suite 20xx\Public\Settings.
2. Set File Security for BQWEBIS20xx. Right-click on the file, BQWEBIS20xx and select Properties. Click on the Security tab, Advanced. Make sure that “Include inheritable permissions from this object’s parent” is checked. (It may be grayed out as well.)
3. Add Users and Set Security. Now add 3 users to the security of the folder C:\…\Settings. While still in that same directory, right-click (in a blank spot) and go to Properties, Security. Click on Add, Advanced, Find Now. Select these 3 users, click OK and then click OK again.
a. IIS_IUSRSb. IUSRc. NETWORK SERVICE
4. Select each of the three above and give them Modify permission for the Settings folder.