A joint invoice can be created for projects/phases that have the same client. Joint invoices can be created in two ways - manually or by using the wizard.
1. Proceed to the Billing Review screen.
2. If the “J” column is not visible, select Edit menu, Field Chooser and check the Joint Invoice item.
3. Filter the projects/phases you want to bill.
4. Type the same unique number under the “J” column next to those records you want to have on the same invoice. This unique number will join the projects so they appear on the same invoice.
Note: Projects can automatically be set for joint invoicing in the Project-Billing screen (Send as Joint Invoice). This can also be set in the Client screen under the Detail tab (Default to Joint Invoice) to be inherited by the client’s projects.
5. Check the “B” box and click on the Process button to process the draft or final invoice.
Using a Wizard:
1. Proceed to the Billing Review screen
2. Click on the ‘Create Phased Invoice’ link to display the Phased Invoice Wizard.
3. Select your Parent Project ID, then click the Next button.
4. Select your Billing Period and then click Next.
5. Select the phases you want to include on the invoice by checking the “Include” box; click Next.
6. Verify and/or edit the billing details; then click Next.
7. Click Finish when done. A pop-up window will appear asking if you want to create another phased invoice; click ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to continue.
Note: The Wizard is useful when you need to show all the projects or phases regardless of whether they have had activity in the current billing period.
Also, You can create a joint invoice for any two or more projects as long as their client is the same.