User is unable to open ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice 20xx from the desktop shortcut 'Launch Client Portal'. Internet Explorer shows a connection error:
remote device or resource won't accept connection
You can resolve this problem by a complete un-installation of Java as it affects the ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice sync on Windows. Follow these steps:
1. Check if your computer has been updated to Java 7. Go to Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Programs and Features. If any of the following is present, uninstall them:
- Java 6 update 43 and higher
- Java 7 update 21 and higher
Note: Make sure to review your other programs using Java so this un-installation will not affect them.
2. Before uninstalling Java, make sure all Internet browsers are closed.
3. Download a compatible Java version [Java 6 updates 20-41, Java 7 updates 13 or 17 (32-bit recommended)] on your desktop.
4. After uninstalling Java, please ensure that there are no Sun or Java folders on the following locations. If there are, delete them.
5. Once you delete them, make sure to go to the Recycle Bin and permanently delete the Sun and Java folders.
6. Now install the Java you saved on the desktop from step 3. Make sure to right-click and select 'Run as Administrator'.
7. Next, test Java using http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp and clicking 'Run this time'.
You should now receive a message saying Your Java is working.
8. About plug-ins, specify the below setting.