Web Suite 20xx installs as a separate application from your current version. However, it is recommended to uninstall the older version once you have upgraded. If you want to uninstall it, do so from Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs.
To upgrade or convert your existing Web Suite database, you need to open it through BillQuick. If you had been using a SQL database, BillQuick will create a newly converted database, with the same name as the existing one but with ‘20xx' concatenated at the end. It will leave the previous database as a backup in the pre-20xx format. In the case of Access database, BillQuick will automatically make a copy of your database that is compatible with your current version. In addition to your main database, BillQuick will upgrade your archive file.
Note: When upgrading from one version of Web Suite to another, it allows you to migrate your global, user and filter settings.
Please follow the steps below to upgrade to Web Suite 20xx:
- Install the new version of Web Suite.
- On the Destination Folder screen, double-check the default directory to make sure it is not the same one as your old version of Web Suite. You must install Web Suite 20xx in a separate folder.
- Start BillQuick 20xx application and open your previous Web Suite database. When prompted to upgrade your database, click Yes.
- BillQuick will now make a backup of your previous database and then convert it to Web Suite 20xx compatible database.
- When done, you can start Web Suite and open this existing database.