You may have the ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice application installed on one server while your documents reside on a different server.
To handle this situation, you have to deal with two issues:
- If you set local impersonation = true, you can set separate document server but this will disable your reports. When you try to run each report, you will get a common error “load report failed”.
- If you set local impersonation = false, the reports will start running but you cannot set a separate document server.
Note: This ONLY applies to those using Windows Server 2003 with IIS 6.0.
Here are the steps to resolve this problem:
1. Open the IIS>Web Sites>AO20xx folder on the computer where ArchiOffice is running.
2. On the ASP.NET Configuration Settings screen, check the Local Impersonation option (true) with the Administrator's User Name and Password.
3. Go to X:\Windows\Temp folder and give full permissions to the relevant Group or user names (Network Service, Administrators, etc.).
While running a Crystal Report report, it is actually saved at the above location and later fetched from there by ArchiOffice. Hence, this folder should have proper permissions to avoid getting the “load report failed” error.
4. Now, create an account on the document server machine similar to the one used in Local Impersonation with the same User Name and Password.
When done, you will be able to set separate server for your ArchiOffice documents.