Users may have some issues while opening documents for the first time using ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice with Java.
There are some procedures to go through before opening a document for the first time using ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice with Java. This applies to:
PC workstations: Java 6 updates 20-41 and Java 7 updates 11 to 17
Mac workstations: Java 6 updates 20-51 and Java 7 updates 11 to 17
1. Go to Control Panel>Java and click Network Settings.
2. Check your settings and make sure to select 'Direct connection' and then click OK.
3. Go to the Update tab and uncheck the option 'Check for Updates Automatically'.
4. Click Apply and then OK.
5. On the Security tab, select Medium security level. Click Apply and then OK.
6. On the Advanced tab>Settings>Security, select 'Enable – hide warning and run with protections'.
7. Click Apply and then OK.
Next, to create documents in ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice:
1. Go to Projects > Documents > Action and select New Document.
2. Select the documents from either the Quick Docs or All Docs tab.
3. Click Add Contacts; select the contact and click Add.
4. Click Create, select the notebook where the document will get filed (e.g., Correspondence – Miscellaneous) and then click OK.
5. When Java prompts you, always click 'Run this time'.
6. After that, the document should show up on the Projects > Documents list. Click to open the document.
7. If you receive the Java prompt again, click 'Run this time'.
For PCs, you can get Java 7 update 13 from oldapps.com.