User has set a staffing agency as a vendor and uses temporary employees from this agency for project work. These employees are set up as BillQuick Users and are entering time entries against the projects. When creating a vendor bill for the staffing agency, user wants to know if there is a way to link these employee time entries to the vendor bills.
In BillQuick, you cannot create vendor bills for employees directly. You must create a vendor profile with a Vendor ID for each vendor (or temporary employee). There is no direct way to link the employee time entries to the vendor bills, but here is a workaround:
In this case, instead of creating multiple vendor records for temporary employees, we suggest creating one Vendor ID for the staffing agency, for example, Accountemps.
1. Enter the time entries for the temporary employees as usual, but do the following:
- Zero out the Cost Rate
- Make sure entries have the correct Bill Rate and are marked as billed.
2. Now create duplicate time entries as above, but do the following:
- Zero out the Bill Rate
- Make sure entries have the correct Cost Rate and are NOT marked as billed.
3. Next, select all the duplicate time entries made in step 2 and use the Tools > Change screen to do the following:
- Check the Description box and enter a new time entry description stating the temporary employee whose entries they are (say, TE for temp employee XXX for week ending xx/xx/xxxx).
- Check the Employee ID box and select the Staffing Agency Vendor ID (say, Accountemps) from the drop-down list.
- Click OK or Apply.
This transfers the billable time from the individual employees to the agency, who you will pay for their work. In this case, you will end up with two sets of time entry records--one that will show the hours worked by the employees that will remain non-billable and second, hours you owe the agency that are billable.
Alternatively, you could enter each of these temporary employees as vendors and thus avoid having double time entries.