User has a check payment for two invoices that was returned from the bank. The bank also charged a non-sufficient funds fee. The customer sent a new check for the original amount plus the insufficient funds fee. How to record all these transactions in BillQuick?
Follow these steps to handle NSF related transactions:
1. Go to Payments > View by Client.
2. Select the client whose check was returned. Click Refresh.
3. Enter the Payment Date that you would like for the transaction.
4. Choose the Debit Pay Method. This will debit (increase) the amount back to the invoices that were paid with the returned check.
5. Enter the Amount as on the returned check.
6. Uncheck the Hide Paid Invoices box.
7. Click Apply to the two invoices that were previously paid by the returned checks.
8. Click Save.
9. Now create a manual invoice for the NSF fee the bank charged you.
10. Next, enter a payment for the new check the customer sent you and apply it to the two invoices and newly created manual invoice.
Also see 'How Do I Handle Returned Checks' in the BillQuick Help.