Web Suite 20xx device application components are not properly configured on Windows 8 and Windows 2012.
Device applications (BillQuick iPhone app or Android app) return the message:
"Authorization was not granted for given email and password…"
Follow the below steps to try and find the symptoms.
1. Open the browser and type http://<web suite 20xx URL>/ws20xx/bqoapi2/bqoservice.svc/getversion
2. If it results in a text file being downloaded, open it in Notepad to see if it is version number 220.127.116.11 or better. If so, then the issue may be firewall-related.
However, if the message “HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found...” is displayed, it means WCF (Windows Communication Foundation) is not configured on the server. WCF is the underlying technology that is used by our device application components.
To configure them on Windows 8/Windows Server 2012 follow these steps:
1. Run Server Manager (on task bar and Start menu).
2. Choose the server to administer (probably local server).
3. Scroll down to 'Roles and Features' section.
4. Choose 'Add Role or Feature' from the Tasks dropdown.
5. On the 'Add Role or Feature Wizard' dialog, click Features.
On Windows Server 2012:
On Windows 8:
6. Expand '.Net Framework 3.5' or '.Net Framework 4.5', depending on what you have installed (you can go back to Roles screen to add it if you don't have).
7. Under WCF Services, check the box HTTP Activation. You can also add non-http types if you know you need them (TCP, named pipes, etc.).
8. Click Install.
This should resolve the issue.