Users receive a message when trying to archive or restore data in ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice.
"Connection to archive/restore service could not be established. Please ensure the service is up and running."
This issue happens because the Windows Communication component (WCF) needs to be configured in IIS (Internet Information Services).
Please follow the steps below to configure Windows Communication Foundation in IIS:
1. Run Server Manager (on the taskbar and Start menu).
2. Choose the server to administer (probably your local server).
3. Scroll down to the "Roles and Features" section.
4. Choose "Add Role or Feature" from the Tasks drop-down.
5. On the wizard dialog, click "Features" in the list of pages on the left.
6. Expand ".Net Framework 3.5" or ".Net Framework 4.5", depending on what you have installed.
7. Under "WCF Services", check "HTTP Activation". You can also add non-http types if you know you need them (TCP, named pipes, etc.).
8. Click OK to install.
1. Open Control Panel > Programs and Features.
2. Click “Turn Windows features on or off” on the left.
3. Expand the entry for “Microsoft .NET Framework xxx” in the list, xxx depending on the version of .NET Framework installed.
4. Check the option: Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation.
5. Click OK to install the new features.
This should resolve the archive/restore services issue.