BillQuick is unable to establish connection with the QuickBooks database. User gets the following error:
Could not start QuickBooks
First, your QuickBooks data file should be accessible and not in any restricted folder. Then follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Start QuickBooks, log in and open your company file as a QuickBooks Admin user.
- Now connect to QuickBooks using your application and try to sync data with it.
- If you can't sync data, then make sure QuickBooks is not running in the 'Run as administrator' mode.
- You can do so by right-clicking the QuickBooks desktop shortcut and selecting Properties > Compatibility. If you don't have the desktop shortcut, navigate to the QuickBooks folder under Program Files > Intuit.
- If the 'Run this program as an administrator" option is checked, please uncheck it.
- Click 'Change settings for all users' at the bottom. Click Apply and then OK.
- Close your QuickBooks application and restart your computer.
- Restart QuickBooks as an Admin user and try connecting again. Removing the above option should enable you to integrate data successfully.