Sometimes, by mistake, you enter time entries to the wrong project, enter an incorrect job code, set the wrong phase, or set an incorrect date. Most of these errors can be corrected by selecting several items at once rather than updating one at a time.
Within ArchiOffice or EngineerOffice, there is a feature for batch changing the entries; by listing more than one item that needs to change. The listing of time entries and updating information on one or several entries is a simple process:
- Go to Projects > Time/Expense tab.
- Search for the project, time by date, services, billed status, or even by an employee’s time on a project phase. The idea is to filter out the items that need to be updated. You can filter the date range, invoice status, or slip status in the Time/Expense section. You can combine this with selecting an employee in the blue Employee box, or a specific phase (within the yellow area).
- After the required time is listed, you can use the Update action item at the top of the screen. Clicking the Update option lists all the functions that you can change in a batch.
- You can select all items listed by checking the box at the top of the grid or just select the box to the left of an item you want to change. If there are many items on the list, you may want to see them all listed on one screen with scrolling. You can do that by changing the number of rows listed.
- After selecting the required items, click Update and select what is needed from the update menu. You can keep items listed and re-select after you have completed an update, in case you want to update more than one function.
Note: You can also list and select expenses, and update them in a batch in a similar manner.