To set up tasks in ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice, you can configure the checklists for new projects in the following way:
1. Open the Preferences screen.
2. Click Project > Tasks to open up the settings pane.
3. Make sure 'Use Tasks for Time on New Projects' is checked.
4. By clicking on the first phase in the list (in this case 01 Pre-Design), we can see the tasks created for that phase in the below panel. You can create additional groups of tasks by selecting Add Task Type from the dropdown menu.
5. Provide a Task Type Description and then click OK.
To add tasks to a group:
1. Select the task group you want to edit.
2. Click the root icon (or Main option) to add a task at the top level, i.e., alongside the other tasks in that phase.
3. Enter details about the task. Also, allocate the number of hours for completing it.
4. Check the name of the person responsible for the task.
5. Create a sub-task by selecting the parent task and clicking the child icon (or Sub option).