When trying to sync ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice data with QuickBooks, user gets this error:
Here is how to fix this error:
Verify your Server Name:
1. On the ArchiOffice Login screen, click Admin Options.
2. Select the 'Open an Existing Database' option and click OK. Check your current database settings.
3. Ensure you have entered the correct and full Server Name here, not the partial name. The full name can easily be verified from the login screen of SQL Server Management Studio.
On the machine hosting your SQL Server:
1. Next, launch the SQL Server Configuration Manager.
2. Expand SQL Server Network Configuration and select 'Protocols for [SQL Server instance name]'.
3. Ensure that Shared Memory, Named Pipes and TCP/IP are enabled. Right-click on them and choose Enable.
4. Next, right-click on TCP/IP and select Properties.
5. On the Protocol tab,
Listen All: YES
6. On the IP Addresses tab:
For all the sections, set Enabled: NO
For 'IP All' section, erase everything from the 'TCP Dynamic Ports' field and add 1433 or the port number of your choice to the 'TCP Port' field.
7. Back on the SQL Server Configuration Manager screen, select SQL Server Services.
8. Both SQL Server and SQL Server Browser need to be restarted. To do so, right-click on each service and select Restart.
9. On the same machine hosting your SQL Server, you also need to make the following exceptions to your firewall:
- For the file path of your SQL Server Service: Once again, go to your SQL Server Configuration Manager screen and select the SQL Server Services object on the left. Right-click the SQL Server Service that ArchiOffice\EngineerOffice 20xx uses and select Properties. In the SQL Server Properties dialog, click on the Service tab. Under the General section, there is a Binary Path field. Copy everything between the quotes "". That is the executable for which you will be making a firewall exception.
- For the file path of your SQL Server Browser: For a 64-bit SQL Server installation, it will be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlbrowser.exe and for 32-bit SQL Server installation, it will be: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlbrowser.exe.
- TCP Port added in step # 6.
- TCP Port 1434 for the SQL Server Browser.
Note: The firewall exceptions specified above must be set to 'Allow on All Profiles' and for Incoming\Outgoing traffic.
10. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, then on the server, locate the AO20xxSetting.ini file at
C:\Program Files (x86)\BQE Software\ArchiOffice 20xx\public by default
11. Edit this file, changing the ServerName line to TCP:Server IP Address\SQL Instance Name as seen in this example: