What options do the Mac users have if they want to use BillQuick?
Mac users have two options available if they want to use BillQuick:
1. Buy BillQuick Online licenses if there is no need to integrate data with QuickBooks.
2. If you need to integrate data with QuickBooks (desktop editions), then you must create and run a Windows virtual environment (Parallels or VMWare) within one of your Mac computers. You do not need a server to run BillQuick desktop via the virtual environment, just Windows 7 Professional or later version. After this is done, you can extend the usage of BillQuick to other Mac users via BillQuick Online or Web Suite, which are both accessible via any web browser and sync with the original company database you have created.
As long as the virtual environments have Windows Security set up in such a way that users can access the database resource on the server, a company can install BillQuick in multiple environments and access the same database on the server. However, you must ensure that your infrastructure is fast enough to provide the database resources to all endpoints involved.
As an example, if a Mac user needs 5 licenses, you can buy:
- 1 BillQuick desktop license, which you must run on a Windows virtual environment and can be used to integrate with QuickBooks + 4 BillQuick Online licenses, which would then sync with the desktop license or
- 1 BillQuick desktop license, which you must run on a Windows virtual environment and can be used to integrate with QuickBooks + 4 Web Suite licenses, which would sync with the desktop license or
- 5 desktop licenses, which you must run on a Windows virtual environment and can be used to integrate with QuickBooks + Web Suite installation if you want to use the BillQuick Mobile app
You can find the download links and system requirements to create a virtual environment at:
Note: We recommend you to store your data locally on the same Parallels/VMWare machine but the storage can be LAN- or cloud-based as well.