You may be experiencing a problem because an update either directly from Apple or Oracle (Java) has installed Java 7 on your computer. This has affected the running of your ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice 2010/2011 program.
Please follow the procedure below to fix the issue with the Apple Java 7 update and its conflict with the proper running of ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice. If this procedure does not work, please see the other resolutions below.
For ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice 2011:
1. Fully install Java 7 and then reboot your system.
2. Run the following four Terminal commands. The Terminal application can be found in Applications>Utilities. You can copy and paste each of these commands, one at a time, into the Terminal window and hit the Return (Enter) key after each command.
sudo mkdir -p /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/disabled
sudo mv /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/disabled
sudo ln -sf /System/Library/Java/Support/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Resources/JavaPlugin2_NPAPI.plugin /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin
sudo ln -sf /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Commands/javaws /usr/bin/javaws
3. Now reboot your computer.
4. Run the following terminal command:
sudo /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Delete :JavaWebComponentVersionMinimum" /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/XProtect.meta.plist
5. Reboot your system.
If you need assistance for this, call BQE Support at (310) 602-4030 or email at email@example.com.
Note: We encourage our customers to always use the latest version of our software which is better able to keep pace with changes in technology.
If the above solution does not correct the issue, unfortunately your computer will no longer be capable of running the ArchiOffice 2011 product natively. The changes instituted by Apple are beyond the control of BQE Software. In this case, you have two options:
1. Run ArchiOffice 2011 in a virtual Windows environment.
2. Upgrade to the latest version of ArchiOffice (a web application where Java is not required except for data sync). If you want to upgrade to ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice, please contact BQE Sales at (888) 245-5669 or (310) 602-4020. Your Account Manager will help you.
For ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice 2012 and above:
ArchiOffice 2012 and above versions can use Java 7; however, there is still some incompatibility with updates 21 and later. Users who have already updated to this version may find that they are not able to sync with QuickBooks on the PC or with AppleMail, AddrBook or iCal on the Mac.
If you have already updated to the latest version of Java (update 21 or above), you need to uninstall it from your system (Control Panel>Programs and Features) and then reinstall Java 7 update 17. This can be downloaded from:
Note: The next time you try to sync your ArchiOffice data with QuickBooks, you may be prompted with a message that java is not up to date. Please ignore it.