When trying to connect to an existing database in ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice, the login credentials fail though correct information is entered. User gets the Microsoft SQL Server Error: 18470.
This may happen if the SA (System Administrator) user account is disabled in SQL Server. It can be verified by trying to log in to SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) using the SA account.
To resolve this issue:
1. Go to SSMS > Server > Security > Logins.
2. Right-click and select Properties.
3. Log in using Windows Authentication to be able to make this change.
4. In the Login Properties screen, select Status on the left side.
5. Change the Login option from Disabled to Enabled. Click OK.