When trying to connect to an existing database in ArchiOffice, the login credentials fail although correct information is entered. User gets a Microsoft SQL Server error 233.
This can happen if the SQL Server is not set to Mixed Mode, as is required.
You can verify the cause of this error by trying to log in to SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) using the System Administrator account.
1. Log in to SSMS using Windows Authentication.
2. Right-click on the main entry for the server itself and select Properties.
3. In the Properties screen, select Security on the left.
4. Change the Server Authentication setting from Windows Authentication to 'SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode'. Click OK.
5. To apply these setting, restart the SQL Server services by right-clicking on the server's main entry and selecting Restart.