When opening BillQuick, users are getting the following error message:
In order to resolve this issue, you must set or change your BillQuick SQL Server database Auto Close option to OFF. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Ensure the SQL database services is running.
2. Find out the exact name of your BillQuick company database along with the name of the SQL Server storing your BillQuick company file. Use SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) to determine the name of your database along with the name of your SQL Server. Open SSMS.
3. If Object Explorer is not already visible, click the View menu and select Object Explorer.
4. From the Object Explorer screen, locate the desired database, right-click on it and select Properties. The Database Properties screen appears as shown below:
5. From the list on the left, click “Options”.
6. Locate the Auto Close option at the top of the list. If your BillQuick database AutoClose option is set to True (allow AutoClose), then change it to False by selecting Auto Close and typing the word False in the field on the right.
Alternatively, you can run the Alter Database Statement using the following Syntax:
7. Restart the SQL Server service that is running your BillQuick company file.
Note: Making this simple change is completely safe and won’t block operations or negatively impact backups or introduce any negatives. It should improve the overall configuration and performance of your database.