When attempting to uninstall the BillQuick application, users sometimes receive the following error:
“Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified location exists and is writable.”
Typically, this happens when a computer has Windows Installer Logging enabled but the installer cannot access or write the un-installation information. For more details on this, you can read the Microsoft KB article.
You can fix this error by stopping and restarting the Explorer.exe from the Task Manager > Processes tab. Please follow these steps below:
1. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to launch the Windows Task Manager or right-click the desktop task bar to choose Start Task Manager.
2. Go to the Processes tab and select explorer.exe. (You may need to select Show processes from all users.)
3. Click End Process. Your desktop icons and bar will disappear.
4. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to launch the Task Manager again.
5. Click the File menu > New Task (Run...).
6. Type explorer.exe and click OK. Your desktop task bar and icons should appear again.