User wants to create a backup of the SQL Server database being used for BillQuick/ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice.
To back up a Microsoft SQL Server or SQL Express database (2005 or later) containing your BillQuick/ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice data, do the following:
1. Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator on the Windows server and open the SQL Server Management Studio.
2. On the Connect to Server screen, verify the server/instance name (e.g., USERNAME\SQLEXPRESS) is correct.
3. Select Windows Authentication or SQL Server Authentication from the Authentication drop-down list. Typical Windows Authentication users that are SYSADMIN have Windows Domain and/or Local Administrator user accounts. Typical SQL Server Authentication users that are SYSADMIN have SA user accounts. Whichever option you choose, you must use a SQL Server SYSADMIN user. After selecting your option, click Connect.
4. After connecting, expand the Databases list and right-click on the database to be backed up.
5. From the right-click menu, select Tasks > Back Up.
6. On the Back Up Database screen, under Destination, click Remove to delete the standard backup location (e.g., C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.X\MSSQL\Backup\DatabaseName.BAK).
7. Make sure the Disk option is selected (not Tape) and click Add to specify a new backup location.
8. Browse to select a new backup destination folder. Enter the correct ‘File name’ as well as ‘Files of type’ (with .BAK extension).
Note: Make sure that the user group (SQLServer200XMSSQLUser$ComputerName$InstanceName) has full rights to read/write from the directory where you are saving the .BAK file. This is a user group that SQL creates in your Security when installed on a server.
9. Confirm the full directory path and then click OK.
10. On the Back Up Database screen, verify the 'Backup type' is Full and then click OK to start the backup process.
You can also check out these articles: