User gets this error if the BillQuick installation fails to install the required integration files during setup.
While syncing data with QuickBooks, the user also has to sit through a configuration process.
Steps to fix the above issues:
1. Close BillQuick and QuickBooks.
2. Press Ctrl-Alt-Del on your keyboard and open the Task Manager.
3. Under Processes tab, look for a process QBW32.exe or QBUpdate.exe.
4. Select these processes and click on the End Process button.
5. You can download the QBFC5.0 installer by clicking here. or
Run QBFC5_0Installer.exe directly from your BillQuick application folder. By default it is C:\Program Files\BillQuick20xx or C:\Program Files (x86)\BillQuick20xx on a 64-bit OS.
Note: Make sure the program is run as an administrator. In some cases, you need to add the logged-in user as part of the domain administrator group in order to install QBFC_0Installer.
6. Extract the contents of the Zip file to a folder and run QBFC5_0Installer.exe file.
7. After the installation is complete, start QuickBooks and open your company file.
8. Next, start BillQuick.
9. Go to the Integration menu > QuickBooks and choose Sync Settings.
10. At this point QuickBooks should prompt you to allow BillQuick to integrate with it. Choose ‘Yes, Always when the QuickBooks company file is open’ and also check the box to give it access to employee social security.
The BillQuick-QuickBooks Integration Settings screen should appear.
To get detailed help on integrating BillQuick with QuickBooks, we recommend that you download and review the BillQuick-QuickBooks Advanced Integration Guide from our website.
Note: If you are using BillQuick 2006 or below, download this QBFC 2.0 installer.
Whichever system or Windows user profile you are using for the integration, it needs to have QBFC 5.0 installed. In a Terminal Server environment, you need to log in as the Domain or Local Machine Windows administrator and install the sync tool (for new installations) or install QBFC50_Installer.exe. That should automatically install and fix the issue for everyone.
The solution provided above works most of the time. Repairing the installation by double-clicking QBFC50_Installer.exe should work but in rare occasions where that does not work, you have to uninstall QBFC 5.0 and then reinstall it. In this case, you can fix it for all Windows user profiles on that system by running QBFC50_Installer.exe as a Domain or Local Machine Windows administrator or just run QBFC installer to fix it for the Windows user profile that is currently logged in.
Note: You may also encounter errors related to your QuickBooks installation. If so, follow the three solutions offered by Intuit QuickBooks as explained in the link below. As stated, Solution #1 may resolve the issue or you may need to try all three solutions (in the order given) to resolve the problem.