When integrating BillQuick and QuickBooks on a Windows Vista PC, a message is generated stating that BillQuick could not connect to the QuickBooks data file. This is due to security restriction inside of Microsoft's UAC (user account control).
Please follow the steps below to successfully get BillQuick–QuickBooks integration to work on Windows Vista:
1. Make sure UAC is turned off.
2. Log in as Administrator.
3. Install BillQuick on your system.
4. In Firewall Exceptions, add BillQuick20xx.exe, BQQBClient20xx.dll, BQQBcallBack20xx.exe under Exceptions.
5. Make sure UAC is turned ON. BillQuick and Quickbooks integration works only if User Account Control is ON.
To enable or disable UAC:
1. Open User Accounts by clicking Start, Control Panel, User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.
2. Click Turn User Account Control on or off. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Select the Use User Account Control (UAC) option to help protect your computer; check it to turn on UAC or clear the checkbox to turn it off UAC.
4. Click OK.