Exporting registry keys allows for easy SQL connectivity for employees in BillQuick. To export a registry key, follow the steps below:
1. In Windows, click the Start menu and type Regedit in the search line.
2. In the Registry Editor screen, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > BQE.
3. Select the BQ20xx folder, right-click on it and select Export.
4. Give the file a name and click Save.
5. Locate the registry key wherever it is saved, right-click on it and select Edit. The text opens in Notepad.
6. The highlighted information (shown in the image below) should remain. Delete everything else.
7. Copy the top line that reads: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BQE\BQ20xx and paste it above the one that you copied it from.
8. Add a minus sign (-) at the start of the line so it reads: -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BQE\BQ20xx.
9. Click Save and the result should appear similar to the image below.
After this is complete, you can save the registry key and copy it to any user’s desktop. When that user double-clicks on the registry key, it automatically connects to the SQL server and prompts to enter a BillQuick user name and password.