If you want to move BillQuick Web Site from one server to another server, please follow these steps to migrate:1. Install Internet Information Service (IIS) on the new server, if you haven't done it already.
2. After IIS has been installed, launch the IIS Manager to configure it. Check for these recommended settings:
- Extend default idle-timeout settings.
- Set the .NET Globalization to English-United States (en-us), regardless of your location.
- Set Application Pool recycling to occur outside of business hours.
3. Download the Web Suite installer from our Downloads website and install it on the new server as an Administrator.
4. If you don't have a version of SQL Server installed, download its free (Express) version from the Microsoft website. The Web Suite Enterprise edition can also work with other editions of SQL Server.
Note: Make sure to select the 'WT' (With Tools) option, say SQLEXPRWT_x64_ENU.exe.5. Copy the legacy invoices and custom invoice/report templates from the old server. The linked file attachments are uploaded to the server location that is specified in the ‘Folder for attachments’ field. In case none is specified, the default is used. The new default locations are:
- File attachments: C:\BillQuickData\2018\FileAttachment
- Legacy invoices: C:\Program Files (x86)\BillQuick Web Suite\Web Suite 2018\Invoices
- Custom invoice/report templates: C:\Program Files(x86)\BillQuick Web Suite\Web Suite 2018\Reports\Custom
6. Next, back up your existing BillQuick Web Suite database using SQL Server Management Studio.
7. Finally, either attach or restore the backup copy of your BillQuick Web Suite database (.BAK file) to the new location.
When you launch Web Suite on the new server for the first time, you are prompted to connect to this database.