When using IIS 7.5 or 8.0, user gets the following message:
"the requested content appears to be script and will not be served by the static file handler"
You can fix this error by the following procedure:
1. Run the Server Manager (from the task bar or Start menu).
2. Choose the server to administer (probably local server).
3. Scroll down to the 'Roles and Features' section.
4. Choose 'Add Role or Feature' from the Tasks drop-down.
5. On the 'Add Role or Feature Wizard', click Features in the list of pages on the left.
6. Expand '.Net 3.5' or '.Net 4.5', depending on what you have installed. (You can go back to the Roles screen to add if you don't have it.)
7. Under WCF Services, check the box for HTTP-Activation. You can also add non-http types if you need them (TCP, named pipes, etc.).
8. Click Install.
Also see: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11116134/wcf-on-iis8-svc-handler-mapping-doesnt-work