When users click on Admin Options on the Web Suite 20xx login screen, the Authentication Required prompt does not display.
This is a security feature; otherwise, anyone can click on this and change the database connection.
Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
1. Create a local admin user, WSAdmin, on the server from the Computer Management console.
2. Assign this WSAdmin to the local machine Administrators group.
3. Next, go to Inetmgr > Application Pools. Right-click on WS20xxAppPool and select Advanced Settings.
4. Change the NetworkService Identity to WSAdmin and click OK.
5. Assign WSAdmin to WS20xxAppPool, thus replacing Network Service.
6. Run an IISRESET from an elevated command prompt.